
Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
In our perfect little world, we certainly did not do any of the following:
While we were at our hairdresser's so Daddy could finally get his hair cut, I took Ella to the potty. Even though I was holding her hands, she did not fall in so far that her little bum got wet! I, of course, did not laugh hysterically to the point of tears, but pulled her up immediately and wiped her bum dry. I did not make her continue to sit on the toilet until she had relieved herself, lavishing praise on her to make up for the
During this week I did not decide to throw a "picnic lunch" in our living room, complete with PB&J sandwiches, apple slices, carrots, and fish crackers for "dessert". I did not do this so I would not have to cook another meal and could rest on the couch instead. And, I certainly would not allow my children to watch a Veggie Tales video while we ate our lunch. Nor would I have permitted singing and dancing along with food in hand! But if I had allowed such foolishness, I certainly would have prepared by using Daddy's note blanket on the floor as a
Our girls, in their sweet, silly, sisters-only language, have not taken to chanting nonsensical phrases over and over before erupting into fits of giggles! Their favorite phrase of late seems to be "Liger! Liger! Liger!" Of course, as they laugh their little heads off, I am not envisioning this:

Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
Deb: What's a liger?
Napoleon Dynamite: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.
(Napoleon Dynamite, 2004)
This weekend we enjoyed some Spring-like weather, with temperatures reaching into the mid 40s! In celebrating the heatwave Ben and I did not walk around without hats, gloves, or even jackets! And as we were all heading out for some family togetherness at Daddy's school's Fun Fair, we did not go at least a mile before realizing we had not brought hats and gloves for the girls. And, it did not take us almost another mile to decide to turn around and retrieve them. Nor was that decision influenced by the fact that our camera was also at home... We just wanted to make sure we were being "good parents"! I won't mention that when we dropped our little loves off at their grandparents' house for a practice (for when Lydia is born) sleepover, their hats and gloves stayed in the car and came all the way home with us. At least the warm temps continued on Sunday!
2 comments:
Ligers are really quite cool!
Love the Napoleon Dynamite reference. One of my all-time fav movies :-)
carma
Post a Comment