Sunday, March 8, 2009

Not Me! Monday

A witty and oh-so-funny blogger, MckMama started a fun blog carnival with a twist...

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

and after several weeks of blog stalking reading, I want to play, too!

In our idyllic life, nothing ever goes unplanned, uncoordinated, or awry...

This week I have not had to say:

"Take your finger out of your nose."

"Do not pat your sister's butt." (Especially not while it's bare and dirty from sitting on the potty!)

Or, my favorite,
"Do not put your face in the toilet!" (Apparently the praise and accolades we lavish on our children when they use the toilet, especially for solid waste elimination, have not fostered an interest and curiosity in the size or amount of the aforementioned waste.)

I certainly did not spend 2 hours redding up the house (because I certainly did not put off vacuuming for a week due to our busy schedule!) before my treasured SIL and her 2 little loves came over for a playdate... and absolutely would not stick our overflowing compost bowl in the oven to hide it! And, I would absolutely never put the same overflowing compost bowl back in the same oven several days later before a wonderful cousin and her daughter came over to play! Not Me! And, my beloved husband certainly would never turn on said oven while said overflowing (and plastic) compost bowl was still in said oven... only to discover it by the smell of the "cooking" plastic and compost fodder. Not Him!

After being gone ALL day at a music festival for his students, when my husband came home he was not greeted by squeals and shrieks of "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" and quickly attacked enveloped in the loving arms of his 2 daughters. And when, after a hug and kiss from his devoted wife, he gave me 2 of my favorite cookies (sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles... YUM!) I DID NOT scarf them down like a ravenous wolf! Nope, not 9 months pregnant me!

I do not think the nesting bug has spread to my husband, especially considering he spent most of Sunday cleaning out our cars- including vacuuming the trunk! And we most certainly did not find all sorts of GROSS food scrids when he took out the car seats... our children NEVER eat any food in the car. Since we are such conscientious parents, we absolutely did not find Ella's milk cup that has been missing since before Christmas for a little bit. I was not relieved to see that it appeared that the cup had actually been filled with juice, and not milk, on its last use (which is probably why we didn't find it by its smell before this). Since it did not have mold spots on the inside, I did not enthusiastically trash it!

But, I AM going to go vacuum up all the little crumbs and dirt came into our house with the carseats while I wait for MckMama to post Mr. Linky.

2 comments:

tammy said...

Wow, I so DO NOT know what the smell of melting plastic smells like in a oven when you have hidden(stored) them before company comes. I can ONLY IMAGINE how messy it is also!!!

And we have NEVER found moldy/curdled/undetectable substances in lost cups either~~we NEVER eat in our cars. Ahem!

Great NM-s
Tammy

groovyoldlady said...

That was hilarious!

I did not stop my grandson from putting toys in the fish tank and I did not stop my mouth from eating the pork fried rice and I did not finish the kitchen floor before I read your blog!