At church, Grace told me, "Momma, I'm a doctor and Ella's a dentist. We're pretending!" Never mind that they were in separate nursery rooms...
At home: "Momma, Ella got married, and has a baby in her belly, and I'm a doctor and I will get her baby out... and she (Ella) said okay!"
Grace has a very active and creative mind! Her imagination is going 24/7! One night we tried just panties overnight... I was awoken at 3:30 AM by her crying. When I went to comfort, console, and change her, she told me there was a mouse in her bed! Apparently the sensation of wetting during her sleep felt like mice running on her??? Upon retelling the story to Daddy, it wasn't only a mouse, but also a squirrel in her bed! As an aside, we have resumed the use of overnight diapers for her- I am satisfied that at 3 yrs old she is completely toilet trained and wakes up dry from naps most days! We'll work on overnight dryness as she nears outgrowing our cloth diapers- currently she has plenty of room to grow in the medium Fuzzi Bunz!
Ella is also working her way out of diapers! We are confident she will be using diapers only for naps and night by February vacation... which should allow her plenty of time for mastery before Lydia arrives, and hopefully will help minimize (or completely eliminate) any regression when she becomes a middle child! We've made the switch to panties during the day, and average 1- or fewer!- accidents a day! Hooray for Ella!

She does still require supervision!
1 comment:
Oh. My. Word.
That last pic is PERFECT!!
Post a Comment